When making a simple sandwich like a BLTA, its super easy to buff it up with some premium ingredients to make it less blah.
Using beef bacon & heirloom tomatoes, this BTLA has the flavoring of a steak sandwich without the long cook time.
- 2 slices, 7 grain bread (gluten-free or regular)
- 2 slices beef bacon, pan fried & drained of grease
- 2 slices heirloom tomato
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- small handful baby kale
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp butter
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Toast the bread slices until golden on each side.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise & mustard. Divide the spread on each slice of bread.
- Top one slice of bread with the avocado, followed by the tomato, bacon, arugula & finally the second bread slice.