Fresh homemade guacamole is one of the best ways to get in all of those fantastic health benefits avocados provide! Of course the best part is that this recipe is simple! You just cut and measure everything EXCEPT the avocado, salt, and pepper until you are ready to serve.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT GUACAMOLE
- For the cilantro: give a good wash and pat completely dry! Trying to chop wet herbs is not a fun task, especially if you don’t have super sharp knives.
- For the jalapenos: remove the seeds if you don’t want it spicy.
- What gives this guacamole that *make you weak in the knees* flavor, is the freshly made garlic paste. If you have a mortar and pestle, throw the garlic in, grind into a paste. If using a knife finely dice the peeled garlic, and use the blade of the knife on a low angle to make a paste.
It’s as simple as 1-2-3:
3. Serve & enjoy!
- 3 Avocados
- 1/4 cup red onions (small dice)
- 1/4 cup roma tomatoes (medium dice)
- 4 cloves of garlic (smoothed out into a paste)
- 1/2 of a jalapeno (fine dice)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (fine chopped)
- kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together using a fork gently breaking up the avocado. Adjust lime, salt and pepper in increments until desired taste is achieved.
- Guacamole serves as a perfect dip for tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, even sandwiches.