If you live anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, chances are it’s a bit chilly being that it’s mid November. After a long day, it seems the best thing to cozy up to is big ol’ bowl of soup.
Inspired by French country cooking, this lentil soup is the perfect accompaniment for an evening of Netflix & chill (or make that Amazon Prime & chill for those who are catching up on Mr. Robot!)
Though the recipe is written for 2 servings, if you aren’t sharing this pot of happiness with anyones, pack it for work the next day tightly in a mason jar & you won’t be caught in the lunch rush trying to buy a basic sandwich.
Best part of this recipe, is the ingredients list is quite short, leaving tons of room for flexibility. Don’t have zucchini on hand? Swap it out for any green veg. Chopped dinosaur kale would be a perfect substitute. If you fancy something with a little kick, use some spicy chorizo instead of the pancetta.
This is also the 2nd video up for culinaryinspo! Many more to come.
- 1/2 cup (100g) diced pancetta
- 1 can (400g) lentils, drained
- 400 g chicken stock
- 1 zucchini/courgette (1 1/2c diced)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (100g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Sautee onions until soft and begin to lightly brown
- Add pancetta ,cooking until fat has rendered and pancetta beings to crisp
- Add zucchini cooking until lightly browned
- Add tomatoes & chicken stock. Scrape bottom of pan so no browned bits remain on the bottom
- Add in the can of drained lentils as well as thyme.
- Bring to a boil and cook covered for an additional 10-15 minutes until tomatoes have burst.
- Serving suggestion: fresh grated parmesan & grilled bread