The best part of fall is finally here. Yes I am talking about the holiday season! With today being Halloween, there is no better time to get in the festive spirit than to whip up some seasonal baked goods. While pumpkin pies are good & all, there a just some fall desserts that should be reserved for Turkey Day. These pumpkin spiced cheesecake bars are the perfect way to get that sweater weather sweet tooth under control without spoiling any Thanksgiving treats.
TIPS FOR BAKING CHEESECAKE
- Timer, timer, timer! Keep a timer on you, not just in the kitchen. A burnt cheesecake is nearly impossible to salvage.
- Smooth is what you want. In order to get that creamy consistency that all cheesecake lovers like, you have to be patient with the mixing. An electric mixer is your best-friend!
- Patience. Letting them set overnight just makes it better. It’s key in making an A+ cheesecake.
First prepare the crust consisting of crushed cinnamon graham crackers, butter & sugar.
While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Using an electric mixer (hand mixer or stand), whip together cream cheese & sugar. Then add in eggs one at a time.
Once you have a nice, smooth batter, add in pumpkin spice, sour cream, vanilla extract, & orange zest.
Pour filling into the crusted pan.
Smooth out with a flat spatula so it’s evenly distributed.
Bake in the 225* degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Cheesecake should be set in the middle. Let sit in the oven for 20 minutes with the oven door open. Once pan has cooled, refrigerate until bars are completely chilled.
Once chilled, cut into bars & serve!
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 TBSP for crust
- 5 extra large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 extra large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 cinnamon graham crackers (2 packs)
- 10 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large ziplock bag crush graham crackers until fine.
- In a large mixing bowl combing crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and 1 TBSP sugar.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into a lined and greased baking sheet (11″ x17″)
- Press into pan, and bake crust for 8 minutes and remove from oven to let cool.
- Lower oven to 225 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high, combine the cream cheese & sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Followed by the egg yolks. Once all the eggs are added the batter will be almost doubled in volume and smooth.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla, & lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the crusted pan. Smooth out with a flat spatula so its evenly distributed.
- Bake in the 225 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Cheesecake should be set in the middle.
- Let sit in the oven for 20 minutes with the oven door open. Once pan has cooled, refrigerate until bars are completely chilled.